Bêche Nutraceutical -
Brand Strategy and Evolution
Bêche provides a powerful dose of concentrated Sea Cucumber, which has long been recognized as a natural source of antioxidants and amino acids.
With Bêche, you can unlock the therapeutic properties of this highly nutritious bioactive supplement quickly and easily in a uniquely concentrated, encapsulated powder, without the lengthy and complicated process of rehydrating and cooking dry Sea Cucumber.
In 2019, I led the redesign of the Branding and package for the Bêche product. My responsibilities included user research, concept ideation, and aligning key stakeholders on product goals, brand identity—visual design, package design, and visual brand language creation.
1. To evolve the look and feel of Bêche so that it represents our key value proposition and communicates the power of Cucumaria frondosa in a natural, premium nutraceutical form.
2. To create a polished brand that will give us a powerful visual language we can use and own consistently across packaging, websites, social, sales materials, in-person and anything else we can dream.
3. Gives us a distinctive look we can extend to additional product lines and support our long-term business plans.
We need more than a new logo.
We need a powerful, strategic visual brand language.
1. We don’t have a unique look and feel that we can truly own, that communicates our strong value proposition or connects to our powerful, premium product.
2. Our brand is not clearly defined or flushed out so we’re relying on free stock imagery we can find (photos of the ocean and generic laboratories) to try to get our message across in absence of a strong visual language and brand design.]
A strong brand and visual identity ultimately saves us money and becomes a valuable asset of the business because it does a lot of heavy lifting for us – it’s striking, it’s consistent, it’s flexible, and becomes easily recognizable across many marketing channels, and types of creative.
The logo and specifically the ‘C’ symbol embodies the organization’s role and ambition — lots of smaller parts that make up the bigger picture, all coming together to disintegrate cancer, and deliver a world where cancer is no longer feared.
Flexibility – a broad visual identity that can be applied across media
Our brand must communicate our unique value proposition
All visual elements should foster the conclusions we want the customer to reach.
Qi // Life Force // Wave // Energy // Moving Forward
The fundamental insight of qigong and Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and herbal medicine) is that balanced and free-flowing qi results in health; while stagnant or imbalanced qi leads to disease.
Ultimately, Bêche strengthens and supports energetic imbalances, and works to re-establish free-flowing qi in the human body.
Sample Graphical Application – Packaging and Scientific Imagery
Branded life force designs
Final Package Design- Bêche Beauty